Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 837 times)

tnr9172

• Joined Feb 2020
Hello
« on: February 15, 2020, 06:53:51 pm »
Hi. Have just joined as we're hoping to move to Wales shortly. The property has approx 8 acres of gently sloping pasture which i believe has been used to keep sheep in the past. We have no immediate plans to keep livestock or rent the land but I'd like to keep it in good condition. As we will be total newbies in dealing with this amount of land I'm just looking at some simple advice to keep the land looking good and to prevent the grass getting out of hand. I understand as a starting point farmer could use the land for silage ?. Any advice (but please keep things as simple as possible!!) would be great. Thanks

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:28:42 pm »
hello tnr9172  :wave:
sorry I can't help with your query, but did want to welcome you to TAS (and Wales, when you get here!)

Briggsy from Gower

• Joined Nov 2018
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:25:48 pm »
How about converting it to 8 acres of woodland instead? Planting trees is 'the thing' at the moment so grants are available, alternatively the Woodland Trust are on the look out for new sites, though they can be a bit fickle. You've got a good size site there to plant a mixed woodland.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS