Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 874 times)

laurentiuzen

• Joined Feb 2020
Hello Everyone
« on: February 15, 2020, 07:33:36 am »
Hello everyone. I read some useful advice about static caravan and how difficult it is to find a land and live there without problems.

I'm a 26 years old guy living in Birmingham who find it really annoying that we have to struggle so much so we can afford just the basic needs like a place to live. I was thinking to buy a camper van or convert a van by myself and than find a land for maximum 80-100 per month.

I've chosen Birmingham because it's in the middle of the UK and I dind't knew which will be the best place to find a job with a cheap rent. I knew for sure that London is the worst.

Now I'm starting to take into consideration moving in a cheaper insurance area of West Midlands because I own a 1L 2002 micra and a 3rd party insurance is costing me now 75 gbp per month.

Another option that I'm thinking about is to get a small caravan and a bigger engine car capable of towing the caravan but the insurance and fuel will cost more, so I could not work like a delivery driver with it or travel for long distances to work, so I'm still struggling to decide which will be the best option for a less stressful life.

Last option will be keeping the micra and pay someone to tow my caravan or get from auctions a good SUV for a decent price and than SORN it after I towed it where I needed it.

Let me know about your thoughts..

Thank you!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 12:42:55 pm »
Welcome.
I'm not sure from what you have written if you are looking for somewhere to park a camper van or caravan overnight, or somewhere to live and use as a smallholding permanently?  What sort of work do you do?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS