Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help save Shetland Cattle - crowdfunder  (Read 3936 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Help save Shetland Cattle - crowdfunder
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:38:45 pm »
Dan and I are crowdfunding a project that's very dear to our hearts - a video to help promote Shetland cattle and to help secure the future of the breed. Details below. If you can spare a few quid, it woudl really be very much appreciated.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/shetland-cattle-rhs-2020

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
Re: Help save Shetland Cattle - crowdfunder
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:50:16 am »
Shameless boost. So far, only £240 raised from our target of £2000  :'( with 17 days to go.

graemeatwellbank

• Joined Jun 2016
  • Blairgowrie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 01:41:04 pm »
Sorry Rosemary I cannot donate cash but I do have a spare cow if you know of anyone who would like to purchase her for breeding.
DOB  02/07/2017.
Fleecefaulds Faria.
Got her from the Scottish Wildlife Survival Trust and unfortunately she is wild - untrained.
Sired by the 'famous??' brindle bull St Trinians Balou.
Grey and white but looks black and white to me.
Got her along with an absolutely gorgeous little brown and white girl which I will keep forever - not that Faria is not pretty but someone has to go as too many cows.
Sorry to but into your crusade but it is a related objective of preserving the breed.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 03:08:11 pm »
Try the SCHBS and SCBA - both have For Sale Pages on their websites and SCHBS has a good FB page.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 04:39:00 pm »
Another shameless boost. Up to £565 with 10 days to go. If you can help with a few quid, that woudl be great. :hugcow: :hugcow: :hugcow: :hugcow: :hugcow: :hugcow:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 05:17:42 pm »
Donated, would be easier with Paypal.  I nearly didn't bother because I had to go to my handbag and dig out my cards and decide which to use
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 12:05:09 pm »
donated

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 02:07:15 pm »
Donated, would be easier with Paypal.  I nearly didn't bother because I had to go to my handbag and dig out my cards and decide which to use
You can donate via PayPal to dan@accidentalsmallholder.net, and we'll make a subsequent donation in your name to the crowdfunder platform to make it legit, but obviously this requires a bit more trust than using the platform directly.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 05:08:58 pm »
You can donate via PayPal to dan@accidentalsmallholder.net, and we'll make a subsequent donation in your name to the crowdfunder platform to make it legit, but obviously this requires a bit more trust than using the platform directly.

Thank you for that! 

The credit card I use on the crowdfunder platform had expired, and I had not got around to finding the new card and working out how to update the details on the platform.  (Not to mention that I much prefer to not have to give my credit card details to these platforms, and always spit and fume that they won't use PayPal!!)

Now you made it very easy and I have sent you some dosh :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 07:01:28 pm »
Now you made it very easy and I have sent you some dosh :)
Thanks Sally, very gratefully received.  :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 04:05:47 pm »
Thanks to all who have contributed already - we're not over £1000, so half way to our target. Only a couple of days to go though, so if you can help, it would be much appreciated.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 05:01:30 pm »
Facebooked it and tagged you
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 02:59:00 pm »
Last shameless bump - two days to go and we're at £1070. So grateful to all who have contributed but it would be great if we could get a bit closer to our £2000 target - so if you can help with a few quid, that would be great  :excited: :excited:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 12:29:16 pm »
Definitely the last shameless bump - 23 hours to go, we're at £1160 (Target £2000) so if you can help, please do.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 09:01:24 am »
Thank you to everyone who donated - it really is much appreciated. Sadly, we didn't make our target of £2,000 but we'll be speaking to the film maker next week to see what we might do with what we have raised.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS