Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Time for a laugh!  (Read 1952 times)

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
Time for a laugh!
« on: February 07, 2020, 06:31:03 pm »
Hi, just thought it was time for a bit of humour . I’m sure many of you have some amusing “pig tales” to tell. I’m pretty much a newby and some of my experiences in this game to date have reduced the in-laws to tears of laughter.  My latest episode bemused the staff of the local builders merchants this morning as I limped in nursing a pig bite to my rear. Being ardent followers of my antics they enquired what had happened.....”well it was like this , I was feeding the little dears this morning and I wiped my hands on my overalls (I know a very bad habit ) obviously the remains of their favourite mushed veg was too tempting.... a lick and a nip later and I was gone the remains of the food going akimbo!

So come on give us a laugh!????
Don’t take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: Time for a laugh!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:43 am »
 :roflanim:

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 08:41:06 am »

We had an OSB gilt (Molly) which we sold. On collection she wasn't the easiest to load but it was mostly due to the trailer ramp being smooth and steep. We spent some time discussing this trailer as the roof could be removed and the people were very pleased with it. Eventually off they went and on went the kettle and we recalled how Molly had shredded my new coat when I left it near the pen gate and how she ate several chickens, which we had blamed the fox for but then I caught her swallowing the last of a chicken's leg. We had a pen of POL opposite her and if they hopped up on her wall she picked them off.  We thought we'd seen the last of her antics when my young son came and told us "the lady with the pig has rung to say Molly has jumped out of the trailer." "Ha, ha"  we said. "You have to ring her back"  he replied.  He wasn't old enough to take a number at the time but he did have a sense of humour and we laughed. However, he was quite adamant and so I did 1471 and rang the mobile number to find that Molly was indeed no longer in the trailer!

About a mile from us she had pushed off the removable roof (that the chap was insistent he had secured properly  :thinking: ) and she had leapt off much to the surprise of both the new owners and the following vehicle. She was now rooting up daffodils in someone's drive. We lent them our trailer for the rest of the journey and fortunately she was a lot easier to load than the first time round! It was a trip the tourists who witnessed the escape no doubt still recall when they remember that time they visited the Lakes...….

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:38 pm »
We got a phone call one evening saying that no one could get out of the local pub as our Tamworth boar had escaped and lured by the smell of cooking had wandered down the road and was in the car park right outside the door , so no one was keen to come out , he was a big boy but very gentle so we just went with a bag of food and walked him back with many camera's taking photo's

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 06:56:58 pm »
OMG! You couldn’t make this up if you tried..... Campsite just down the road has just got planning to use the field opposite me. I can only imagine the chaos if Boris my boar got in there. Luckily the owner has my mobile number....just in case????

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 07:19:24 pm »
OH just remembered 3 sows got out when a gate wasn't fastened securely  and wandered a mile up the road to the chalet park  ,started to dig up the lawns  , luckily the owner was a friend and with a little bit of work  we managed to restore the lawns  :relief:

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 07:47:10 pm »
Last time mine got out was two days after getting out of hospital following surgery. Not shut the gate properly (probably due to the post opp meds) Spotted them on the horizon 2 fields away heading to the holiday camps and artificial  ski slope........now that would’ve been entertaining. Luckily after a sickening tromp they followed me home (with the help of a feed bucket ) :excited: :roflanim:

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 08:39:43 pm »
Years ago we loaded up a welsh sow into my van to take to market. On route going up a steep hill she stood looking out of the back windows to the delight of overtaking vehicles who were tooting their horns and laughing as they passed. Then when we were going down the other side of the hill she decided to have a pee, and as we only had a mesh division between us, guess who had a soaking with still 12 miles to go and the return journey. :yuck: :yuck:

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 09:00:45 pm »
That must’ve left you feeling bit pi**ed off  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS