Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sows for sale  (Read 2394 times)

Garden Farm

• Joined Jan 2009
Sows for sale
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »
We have a 2 year old large black sow and an 18 month old British lop sow we need to get rid of. We are moving to an organic farm in the new year and both these girls are not registered, so we can't take them onto the new holding. We bought them as weaners and ended up keeping them as we liked them and not being registered wasn't an issue as we have been crossing them with our Berkshire boar, they have produced good sized litters of piglets. We can put them in pig with the boar if anyone is interested in that. The fact they are unregistered is reflected in the price We'd like to get £100 each for them. If they are not sold before end of Nov we'll have to make the into sausages unfortunately.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. We are based in Bedfordshire near A1.

Garden Farm

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Sows for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »
Just a thought if anyone is interested and local we can deliver and also make us an offer as I'd like to see them have a good life thanks, we can send pics if you want to see them

Tim
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:15:59 pm by potton pigs »

Garden Farm

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:18:01 pm »
Update we'll accept £150 for the two sows

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:04:03 pm »
I would of had them if you were nearer, hope you get a sell soon and they have a home.

spoon

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:57:21 pm »
its a shame if they have to go to slaughter

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS