Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kids have outgrown their trampoline....  (Read 1659 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Kids have outgrown their trampoline....
« on: January 05, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »
but is VERY solidly anchored into the ground... so I am thinking of what can I do with the frame (it is the largest size you could buy about 12 years ago, so about 3.5m diameter). I have seen people using it for a polytunnel/dome shape, but I have more than enough undercover growing area. It is about 80cm off the ground, accessible from all sides, on an area of our garden/land that we cannot use for anything else really.

Thinking about some kind of round-house design with a proper roof (not living willow one)..., which we can do in a couple of years time, so I have time to research and think about it (and collect the secondhand materials/do some skip diving) ...
 Anyone got any interesting ideas/youtube videos/websites?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Kids have outgrown their trampoline....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 12:04:46 pm »
A waist high vegetable or flower bed?  Just put a few holes in teh canvas and layer of compost on top, with a sngle height board all round to keep it in.

A chicken coop - mini shed on top of the canvas with a hole cut in it for a ramp and chicken wire round the base to keep them in.

Log store - pallets underneath it, then pile logs on top.

Sun bed - build a shelter wall round one side, and a ramp onto it, a few cushions and bingo - relaxez vous
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 01:53:14 pm »
Sheep shelter.  Fence round and use as a rabbit/guinea pig run.

We have used parts of our old one for handles on a mover and also made an opening gate for putting in sheep hurdles.  The rest is awaiting a job that just needs "that piece".

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 07:21:40 pm »
Roundhouse for visitors, with thatched pointy roof and timber walls.  The bouncy bit could be a fitted groundsheet.  When not needed for visitors, the children could have sleep-out adventures in there.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 08:24:41 pm »
I have an old 12ft trampoline that the kids no longer use. We used the mesh for hanging baskets and the frame has had chicken wire put around it and is now used as a lovely rabbit run. Bonus is that it can be moved so the rabbits always get fresh grass.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 08:40:56 am »
We use ours as a temporary run when (ordinarily free range) chickens need confining for whatever reason; scaffolding netting round the outside, mesh still on top, coop brought up to one side. Ours is not anchored so can be moved to fresh grass as required. It works very well.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 03:05:58 pm »
I have an old 12ft trampoline that the kids no longer use. We used the mesh for hanging baskets and the frame has had chicken wire put around it and is now used as a lovely rabbit run. Bonus is that it can be moved so the rabbits always get fresh grass.
It is solidly anchored in the ground - it is in quite an exposed place and would have been across to the next field on numerous occasions if it wasn't. If we could move it easily, it would definitely be used as an animal run of some sort.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 03:08:42 pm »
Roundhouse for visitors, with thatched pointy roof and timber walls.  The bouncy bit could be a fitted groundsheet.  When not needed for visitors, the children could have sleep-out adventures in there.
Yes is along those lines I would like to develop it, though daughter No1 is in the process of leaving home and daughter No2  will be doing so in a couple of years time... but I would love to have my own space for my fibre addiction activities....

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 04:32:03 pm »
Could you rig up a power supply, or would you have to rely on daylight?  I think it would be wonderful spinning in a roundhouse  :spin: :thumbsup:

(I did wonder how old your children are now when I said about sleep-outs!  However, children leaving home does tend to lead to grandchildren fairly soon afterwards, so your roundhouse might have another transformation soon enough  ;D :knit:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS