Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planning Permission Storage Container  (Read 2290 times)

gucu

• Joined Jan 2020
  • Lostwithiel
Planning Permission Storage Container
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:36:44 pm »
Hi

I am a youth worker based in Lerryn, Cornwall. It is classed as AOB which I believe causes an issue with planning permission. We are erecting the container in a field which is rented from Cornwall Council to our local primary school. The container will allow us to put a compost toilet and storage on the field and will be used jointly by the school and youth group. Will the AOB part cause issues with planning please? I cannot ask Cornwall Council because they now charge for any advice and we have a small budget. What we are hoping to do once the container is on site is to build the area up into a school field/small holding/forest school type area.

Thanks for any advice.

Rich

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Planning Permission Storage Container
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:13:01 pm »
Could you ask for advice from another council adjacent that doesn't charge?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:02:56 pm »
Have you got the councils (landowners) permission for this project? Could you contact the representative from whom you rent the land and ask them to approach the planning dept internally (and free)??

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »
Hi

I am a youth worker based in Lerryn, Cornwall.  and we have a small budget. What we are hoping to do once the container is on site is to build the area up into a school field/small holding/forest school type area.
Ask the Council if there are any grants available - the school might know too.  And you could also raise funds with events on the field (a Spring Fayre maybe - get local businesses involved) or by crowd funding
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 05:01:45 pm »
What is the present planning on the field? Is it being rented to you merely as an agricultural field, or does it have some other official use in connection with the school? What was the field last used for ?
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

gucu

• Joined Jan 2020
  • Lostwithiel
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:43:14 pm »
Have you got the councils (landowners) permission for this project? Could you contact the representative from whom you rent the land and ask them to approach the planning dept internally (and free)??
Hi
Yes we have their permission and have to pay £250 for them to amend the licence! And no they won't approach anyone on our behalf. They made that painfully clear!
Thanks for the idea though.
Rich

gucu

• Joined Jan 2020
  • Lostwithiel
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 08:44:17 pm »
Hi

I am a youth worker based in Lerryn, Cornwall.  and we have a small budget. What we are hoping to do once the container is on site is to build the area up into a school field/small holding/forest school type area.
Ask the Council if there are any grants available - the school might know too.  And you could also raise funds with events on the field (a Spring Fayre maybe - get local businesses involved) or by crowd funding
Thanks for the ideas - I like the spring fair idea especially.
Rich

gucu

• Joined Jan 2020
  • Lostwithiel
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 08:48:42 pm »
What is the present planning on the field? Is it being rented to you merely as an agricultural field, or does it have some other official use in connection with the school? What was the field last used for ?

Hi
It is currently being used as a playing field/sports field which is its official school use. However, the council have agreed to extend the use of the field (and charging us £250 for the amendment of the licence) to include the container and the small holding function.
I had a brief word with a man from the council who said he couldn't advise as it was aonb. He did say if it wasn't it would be a simple no you don't need planning. I have asked the school if they would be happy to go ahead on those grounds and then apply for retrospective planning.
Rich

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 09:56:20 pm »
All sounds a bit complicated/iffy to me (ref usual planning rules).  HOWEVER, sounds like you might get what you want/need.  Good luck.

wayfarer

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 07:44:43 am »
Where I am (Oxfordshire) planning for a maintained school is granted by the county council rather then the district council that you would normally apply to.  And as the county council are also responsible for the school as long as rules are met it seems to be a more straightforward process so you may want to check that you are talking to the right planning authority.  Don't know if this is the case elsewhere or whether it would be the same if you were an academy or part of a trust.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS