Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Re-labelling frozen meat  (Read 4766 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Re-labelling frozen meat
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 11:45:13 pm »
 :sofa:

Now now folks, let's not go there please!!

Yes, in hindsight I should have provided my own labels for the butcher to put on, but he's an hour away and I would have had to make a special trip.

I think overbagging might well be the answer. There's a catering supplies place just round the corner from my office, so I'll pop in there and ask if they have different colours of bag available. Thanks folks!  :thumbsup:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 12:05:48 pm »
Stop press! I collected everything this morning. Because it had all been frozen at low humidity, and because it's still below freezing here today, we were able to open the mutton boxes and write "mutton" on all the labels with a sharpie. Nice and simple, and hopefully foolproof!!

It's such a relief to have everything 'safely gathered in', so I can now get it out to people before Christmas and I certainly won't be leaving it this late again.

Thanks for your help everybody!  :thumbsup:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 07:36:38 pm »
Tell your butcher it's no use and get him to find a solution

You don’t rear livestock, do you Annie ;)  :D
And that matters - why?

Experience
A trifle condescending - unexpected from you. And not indeed the facts of the case anyway.  Admitted;y a number of years ago, and we had an excellent butcher who did as we asked.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS