Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not looking forward to sunday  (Read 2738 times)

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Not looking forward to sunday
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:21 am »
My late husband was a climber - I know and feel your anxiety. 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:11:44 pm »
I don't really get it, climbing a mountain or sailing the Atlantic in  a bathtub or whatever - but then lots of folk don't get what I do. I do admire your brother though for following his dream. I'm sure he'll be going well prepared, physically and mentally, but I can understand your anxiety. We TASers will keep everything crossed for him that he had a great adventure and returns safe and well to tell us all about it.

Just read the links - is your bro a cadet or an instructor? Either way, he's doing it for a great cause, so we'll be making a donation.

www.justgiving.com/cadetsfaceuptoeverestforh4h
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:15:10 pm by Rosemary »

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:47 pm »
He is staff sergeant an instructor. he works in go outdoors so is well equipped he has to drink so many ltres of water a day as part of his fitness i think its 6 litres of water a day. He does all different mountains in the uk i have asked him to take me with him to do snowdon soon. he does fun things like  the rat run, and toughguy competitions also does the saracen trail walk his aim next year is to do kilamanjaro  and is saving big time for that.in the pics i have posted he is the guy stood on the left at the back i think

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:54 pm »
SOme people like to push themselves and he certainly is going to and will be helping others  :)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:05:34 pm »
i wish him all the very best, what an adventure  :wave:

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:19 pm »
just an updat he is about to get the flight from katmandu to luckla so will be starting the trek soon  this is a few pics i have found i not looked at them really but i thought id share

http://facinguptoeverest.com/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS