Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lube  (Read 1067 times)

tommytink

• Joined Aug 2018
Lube
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:20:29 pm »
Didn’t know where else to put this question. I wouldn’t even ask it but the OH has put doubt in my mind...

There’s no use by date on lube, is there? (Obviously for the animals  :roflanim:)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Lube
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:30:01 pm »
If your lube is still lubey, I can't see what harm it can do!?

Just don't do what I did. I once did a long kayak trip, which involved dragging my kayak on a trolley for three miles to cross between two rivers.

Being a good boy, I took some of the obstetric lube with me, to oil my axle (NB, I am still talking literally here, not figuratively  :o ). Unfortunately the lube dried out half way through the portage and started to cook, turning it into a sort of jellied mess which then gummed up my wheels no end.

However, as long as you don't do that, I reckon you'll be ok  ;D .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 08:18:29 am »
Unopened I'd expect it to be good for a long time but the intended use of the product means that any preservatives have to be mild such that cross contamination from the dispenser needs be considered... as in 'don't reapply to dirty gloves'

tommytink

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 09:12:17 pm »
So reckon I’ll be safe to invest in some then! (And I won’t try and use it on anything mechanical!) Going to start putting together a lambing kit so won’t be using it for a few months. And hopefully then I won’t need to use it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS