Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FS (Telford Area) - Husqvarna TC38 Petrol Ride On Tractor Lawn Mower  (Read 949 times)

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
Hi my mother has to go into a nursing home and has a Husqvarna TC38 Petrol Ride On Tractor Lawn Mower with grass collector that she bought in March 2018. It has only done 2 seasons cutting a lawn every two weeks or so and has always been stored in the dry with a battery conditioner over the winter.
As it's a genuine sale I thought I'd offer it here first rather than other places like Facebook Marketplace or Ebay in case any smallholders would be interested.
It cost £1749.00 new so open to offers but looking for around £1000.00
Would need to be viewed (by appointment) and collected from the Newport/Telford area. Message me via here first please.

sandspider

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Bristol
Re: FS (Telford Area) - Husqvarna TC38 Petrol Ride On Tractor Lawn Mower
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:29:24 am »
Hi there

Would this cope with long, occasionally damp grass, and go up fairly steep slopes, i.e. not a billiard table smooth lawn at all? I have googled it, but can't find an answer.

Thanks.

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 11:37:35 am »
No idea, I've never driven it she paid someone to cut her lawn every 2 weeks (they are flat).
From my own experience Husqvarna are considered one of the best makes and driven slowly should cope with longer wet grass from time to time but I suspect that any lawn tractor is never going to cope really well on steep slopes because of the tyres not having deep treads and the extra strain on the transmission.
So in my simplistic view - good for flat lawns and some gentle banks around the edges of pools and streams etc but not a lot of tough steep hills; for that you'd need a proper tractor IMHO.

sandspider

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Bristol
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 12:05:26 pm »
Thanks. I do have a tractor and topper for the main steep and rough areas, but I have patches of main garden that are too tight for the tractor, but still steep and damp...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS