Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Storing sheep supplies  (Read 1125 times)

crobertson

• Joined Sep 2015
Storing sheep supplies
« on: October 06, 2019, 04:53:00 pm »
Hi folks,

Random question for a Sunday afternoon ... after giving our ewes their pre-tupping MOT today and having bits of stuff here there and everywhere is there any storage boxes / containers you find most useful / best designed. Nothing like a Sunday sort out ! :)

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Storing sheep supplies
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »
I have 2 big black plastic boxes for my sheep stuff. They have yellow wheels and yellow clip locks, you can get them in B&Q. A big one for all drenches and fly pour on that locks with padlocks at both ends of the lid. Farm assurance are happy with this. A slightly smaller one (but still a decent size)  for consumables like gloves, jakoti shears, markers, lambing bits and bobs, mineral drenches. That one can lock too. They stack 1 on top of the other so I can wheel both out and have a sort out if needs be. Ear tags and taggers in a plastic tub, raddle powders and harnesses in a lick bucket with lid on.

All injectable meds are in a big wall medicine cabinet.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Storing sheep supplies
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 09:00:36 am »
I got some storage cupboards from a dental surgery that was closing down.  Wardrobe sized they are lockable and live out in the shed.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS