Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Moving soon  (Read 5639 times)

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
Moving soon
« on: October 17, 2010, 10:49:23 pm »
I have bought my caravan! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. We move out of our house on the 8th November, but are going to stay at my Dad's for a couple of weeks until we get a septic tank and electricity sorted out, Water was put in this weekend. Our caravan has double glazing and central heating  ;D Woohoo, hopefully we won't freeze  ::) Once established there I can get my chooks and start planning my fruit and veg beds. I feel I have been reading up about stuff for months now, and it's not a great time of year to be starting out, but it's one step closer to the dream, especially now we have the caravan, I can't wait to move into it!!!
Lynn :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Moving soon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »
Great News, Lynn! So long as the weather doesn't go as bad as last  year, you should be OK - sounds a posh caravan!  Are you going to build a house?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:09:43 am »
Hmmm, once we battle it out with the planners perhaps doganjo. We are thinking on the lines of at least a 3 year plan. Build a shed, then piggies, hopefully a viable business and take it from there  :-\ At the end of it all, if it doesn't work we will have a place for our horses and animals and a house in the village nearby. Nothing ventured and all that........ The land has no restrictions on it, and it's agricultural which we plan to keep that way. With hubby working as usual, the land will be my job, so we'll see how it all goes.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:39:31 am »
Hi and best of luck - we did the self build/rebuild of an old cottage and the before the walls were done I had goats running up and down the caravan deck - good fun!! We made it fine through 2 winters, a couple of time's pipes froze but that's to be expected - now I really appreciate the cottage (even though it's not a big house and not particularly fancy) just a cosy wee home and the goats have a nice home too. Best of luck with the planners hope they work with you.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:39:41 am »
Love things like this, I just like seeing people change thier comfy lifes and create something for themselves...keep us posted!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 08:44:49 am »
wish you all the very best, its awesome.  :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:48:58 am »
Best wishes for the new life!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:18:40 am »
Congratulations, hope the planners are kind to you.   :pig:

bamford6

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:30:32 am »
i gave the house that was on the croft to the people that used to live there .i move back and forth and the people that live in the house look after the stock with me its 50 /50 he nows more than me .he just went bust .have fun and keep the dream up .when things get hard stop and log on and speak to youre frends

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 11:20:58 am »
Thanks everyone, I'm so glad this site was recommended to me, I've learned so much and hopefully I'll be able to contribute as our plans progress.

Your cosy home sounds just what we'd like brucklay, and as long as the animals are happy too, that's all we are aiming for.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 12:16:30 pm »
The best time of the year to be moving, I think. All those bare bones out there to plan to put flesh onto. The seed catalogues to look through and the dreams to be dreamed and plenty of time to do it all in.
I envy you, good luck!! :) :)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 09:33:20 pm »
Congratulations and good luck in your venture or adventure.

All the best,

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 10:37:05 am »
Good luck, I also think it is a good time of year to move at least you will know exactly what you are infor as far as winter is concerned and you will soooo apreciate the spring when it finally comes  ;D

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:26:41 pm »
Hi everyone, I have limited internet at my Dad's before we move to the caravan (internet keeps going offline here!) but better than nothing!

A cleared patch.

Tree munching tractor - scary bit of machinery!

Me off for a wee look around. The trees were so dense we couldn't really see into the middle of the land, this was a bit of an adventure, I was so excited!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:33:59 pm by scotelf »

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 06:23:00 am »
Glad everything is going to plan - keep the pictures coming
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS