Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advise on buying land?  (Read 1512 times)

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
Advise on buying land?
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:59:03 am »
Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some advise.

Obviously with a house purchase you take out a mortgage, but how do you go about buying land? Any recommendations on companies etc

Thanks in advance

sandspider

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Bristol
Re: Advise on buying land?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 10:25:19 am »
Short answer is it's more difficult than buying a house, as fewer companies are set up to deal with just land.

https://www.amconline.co.uk/ are one, I've never used them so can't say if they're any good or not.

Are you hoping / planning to build on it? If so, self build mortgages may be an option. How much are you looking to borrow? I think lenders tend to look more kindly on purchases of land for a tangible business. If it's just to have fun on, you may struggle. Or need to look at an unsecured bank loan type of thing...

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Advise on buying land?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 01:13:59 pm »
If you have equity in your house I would look into remorgaging, I think the reasons for the remorgage could be to make a big purchase, consolidate debt or just for home improvements.

Obviously depends on how much the land costs and how much equite you have in your property. My experience is that its pretty much impossible to get a morgage on land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS