Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More strudel  (Read 4655 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
More strudel
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:10:21 am »
First windfalls so more strudel:

smallholder147

• Joined Aug 2020
Re: More strudel
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 10:50:10 am »
OMG I looooove strudel.
I am from Austria and if you want to know the best appel strudel recipe, there you go:

for 4 servings
250 g flour (smooth)
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 pc egg
1 price of salt
0.125 l water (lukewarm)

Ingredients for the filling
100 g butter
80 g crumbs
50 g nuts (grated)
4 apples (sour)
100 g granulated sugar
50 g raisins
3 tbsp cinnamon

preparation
For the dough, sieve the flour on a pastry board, make a pit in the middle, use a knife to stir in oil, vinegar, salt, egg and gradually lukewarm water.
Knead or knock the dough quickly by hand until it is silky smooth.
Place the dough on a floured part of the pasta board, coat thinly with oil and cover with a preheated bowl. Let it rest for at least 1/2 hour, changing the bowl two or three times.
Spread a large cotton cloth on a table, dust thinly with flour. Place the strudel dough in the middle, roll out a little and carefully pull it out with the back of your hand until it is wafer-thin and transparent. Cut off the thick edges.
For the filling, lightly toast the crumbs and mix with the nuts. Peel and core the apples and then slice or slice them. Wash the raisins, melt the butter.
Sprinkle two thirds of the strudel pastry with breadcrumbs and top with apples. Scatter sugar, cinnamon and raisins on top, fold open the edges and fold over the remaining third of the dough. Drizzle with the butter, loosely roll up the strudel, place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 180-200 ° C for about 30-40 minutes.

SabineLove33

• Joined Sep 2020
Re: More strudel
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 11:29:15 am »
Hi,

I tied it and I loved it! Such an amazing recipe thank so much for sharing.
I always made mine the same way, because I thought this is already the best. But I was wrong.  ;D

Thanks a lot!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS