Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hydraulic post knocker  (Read 1862 times)

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
Hydraulic post knocker
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:52:18 pm »
We have quite a few (a lot) of fence posts that need replacing. Don't suggest the manual type, as I haven't got the arm strength to knock them in. We're considering a post knocker (upright type, not horizontal) that would suit a MF tractor of 30hp we think. We don't need bells and whistles but the ability to whack in posts up to 7 inch thick (should a corner need replacing) is necessary. Finances are very tight!! Someone suggested a 2nd hand Parmiter and I've found an English version, brand new, for just under £1000 + vat, though the weight is only 50kg! Has anyone got any ideas?     We've been waiting for a relative to do repairs for the last 2 years and I counted then 250 posts needed replacing. He's now moved away and the work still needs doing. In some places the only thing keeping the fences up is strong wire and luck!! To get a contractor is like harvest, you're waiting constantly! Which is why we are considering taking the plunge. One thing we are sure of us the controls have to be On the outside not in the cab!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

larrylamb

• Joined Feb 2014
Re: Hydraulic post knocker
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:03:19 pm »
Hi I have just borrowed a parimator post knocked and I use it on my Massey ferguson 135 great for posts but if you have strained or corner posts you have to dig them in first then knock further it us only about 50kg easy to use but you have to get on tractor to change over from rear lift arms to just hydraulics but far easier than by hand

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Hydraulic post knocker
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:47 am »
We bought an Oxdale one and it has seen a lot of use, as in several miles of fencing over the last 4 years.  It has banged in quite a few gate posts as well but we now bore a hole first and then whack the gateposts in.  That way we do not get stalled by tree roots.
http://www.oxdaleproducts.co.uk/fencing/detail/post-knocker

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS