NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Toddler friendly holidays in Snowdonia  (Read 218 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
Toddler friendly holidays in Snowdonia
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:24:20 am »
Can anyone recommend toddler/buggy friendly places to visit in Snowdonia?
We are planning to go camping around Dolgellau, Tywyn, Cadair Idris etc.
Southern Gwynnedd/Snowdonia.

Any good campsites around that area?
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, geese rabbits and a little boy on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.
Voss Electric Fence

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Toddler friendly holidays in Snowdonia
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:39:28 pm »
Loads!!! Though it's a long time since I've been and I'm not familiar with "buggy friendly" so couldn't advise.  You MUST visit Gelert's Grave and buy the book about Bedd Gelert for the little one.  There's the mountain railway up Snowdon; don't expect to see anything other than mist when you get to the top though!  Llechwedd slate mine and the old village was well worth a visit; you're not that far from Portmeirion, there's also both a nuclear power plant and water mountain if you're interested in power generation.... and the zipwire but that's maybe no use with a toddler/baby on board!
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 04:09:50 pm »
I've climbed Snowdon many times - but before I got married.
Now we have a 4yo and a 1 1/2 year old. They are way too small to do any proper hiking but train up Snowdon is a good idea.
Next week the weather supposed to be much better (I really really hope!!!!)
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, geese rabbits and a little boy on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:18:43 pm »
I've climbed Snowdon many times - but before I got married.
Now we have a 4yo and a 1 1/2 year old. They are way too small to do any proper hiking but train up Snowdon is a good idea.
Next week the weather supposed to be much better (I really really hope!!!!)

The old steam train at Blaenau Ffestiniog was a firm favourite when I visited as a child (and later as an adult)!
Dinorweg is the 'electric mountain' (hydro powered) and Trawsfynedd the nuclear one.  The kids are possibly a bit young to appreciate them but very interesting for adults.  There are also the various castles if the weather is nice.  If you were heading further South (even for a day trip) then Castell Coch just outside Cardiff and St Faggons (National Museum of Wales) would be brilliant places to go even for the kids!
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Holidays

Started by Daisys Mum

Replies: 8
Views: 1935
Last post June 30, 2013, 09:24:23 am
by Ina
Holidays from hell

Started by lovespigs

Replies: 14
Views: 3876
Last post July 10, 2009, 07:00:07 pm
by sandy
Donkey Holidays

Started by JulieS

Replies: 5
Views: 1561
Last post October 03, 2009, 08:43:47 pm
by Daisys Mum
Summer Holidays

Started by WinslowPorker

Replies: 33
Views: 6888
Last post July 12, 2010, 08:57:04 pm
by Wizard
Croft holidays

Started by Rosemary

Replies: 0
Views: 1247
Last post May 09, 2014, 02:36:05 pm
by Rosemary

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS