Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking to rent/borrow pigs or goats  (Read 701 times)

aleecealeece

• Joined Aug 2019
Looking to rent/borrow pigs or goats
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:32:52 pm »
I have acquired a patch of woodland (6 acres) that is covered in brambles.
I have cleared some by hand but the roots are ridiculous. I don't have it in me to manage all of it myself, and I really don't want to use roundup or other such herbicides. I want to leave some for bugs and birds, but they are currently overwhelming the rest of the woodland floor, so I would like to use pigs to clear a chunk. I want pigs so that they can do a bit of digging and mooshing the soil, but unfortunately can't keep them myself as I'm not allowed to live on the land - only stay temporarily.

I have so far been unsuccessful in finding any pigs to borrow so wondered if anyone on here is able to help? I am near to Sheffield, and can stay on the land whilst the pigs are there to make sure they are fed, watered and safe. I used to work on a smallholding with pigs so have experience of their escape plans and ground clearing!

Goats would be another option but they don't churn the soil like pigs, hence them being my second option.

Thanks all xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS