Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ride and drive mule for sale. East Yorkshire  (Read 1411 times)

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Ride and drive mule for sale. East Yorkshire
« on: August 03, 2019, 09:48:00 am »
Having only a few months ago mentioned my new mule, Molly - I'm now reluctantly having to advertise her for sale. I bought her as a riding mule, so my friend could come out riding with me and Ebony, my existing mule. The idea being that I would ride Ebony, and my friend would ride Molly, as Ebony doesn't like going out on her own. But 2 things have changed - 1. My friend has got a new job and so little time now to go riding, and 2. Mollie and Ebony don't get on and both prefer the company of the little donkey, Lady, who was formerly Ebony's best friend. So Molly has now monopolised Lady, and Ebony has been pushed out. You couldn't make it up - the actual dynamics between these 3 females! It's like trying to sort out kids in a playground. So Ebony ends up always in the background and is not allowed carrots, or petting unless I can somehow distract the other 2. I hate seeing Ebony so unhappy. Even people that pass daily and talk to them have mentioned how Ebony is pushed out. So, I'm advertising Molly for sale, and the new plan is that Ebony and I will go out riding and take Lady along as well.

So details: Molly is 13.2/3 hh, and bearing in mind that mules don't have much withers, that's equivalent to a pony of 14hh. The lady whom I bought her off probably weighed 10 - 11 stone and she carried her easily. She is friendly and easy to catch in the field and loads herself into a trailer. She is passported, chipped and up to date with worming and hoof trimming.
She is ride and drive, and as mentioned elsewhere, Mules of this size are few and far between and once you've had a mule you'll be hooked for life  :excited:

I'm wanting £900 for her, and could deliver her locally.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:50:40 am by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Ride and drive mule for sale. East Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:14:37 pm »
Sitting on my hands here.  I do not need another mule but.... A good job I am too busy to visit.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:20:05 pm »
Sitting on my hands here.  I do not need another mule but.... A good job I am too busy to visit.

What do you mean you don't need another mule?? :innocent: When has need ever played any part in the buying of mules? Seems to me, that with your fantastic new barn, you've most likely actually got a vacancy for another one.  :thinking:  And you're near enough to qualify for free delivery. :excited:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:36:45 am »

What do you mean you don't need another mule?? :innocent: When has need ever played any part in the buying of mules? Seems to me, that with your fantastic new barn, you've most likely actually got a vacancy for another one.  :thinking:  And you're near enough to qualify for free delivery. :excited:

Looks sorted to me  :innocent:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:03:57 am »
Get her advertised widely.  I am away playing with fluff this week.  You do not need bringing a mule as an excuse to visit you are welcome anytime.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS