Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mules  (Read 3526 times)

DrMunns

• Joined Dec 2016
Mules
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:38:40 pm »
Does anyone know of anyone selling Mules? Not been able to find anything online, only donkeys

DrMunns

• Joined Dec 2016
Re: Mules
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »
I mean the horse/ donkey cross, not sheep

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:08:03 pm »
They keep cropping up on Dragon Driving.

A lot depends on what type of mule you are after.  Large riding ones are like hens teeth whereas small shetland crosses are two a penny.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 01:12:53 pm »
Does anyone know of anyone selling Mules? Not been able to find anything online, only donkeys

Yes I have one - ride and drive, 13.3hh, 6 years old. Friendly and easy to catch, and excellent at loading. Bought her so I could go out riding on Ebony, my older mule, as Eb doesn't like going out on her own, and I have a friend to go riding with who didn't want to buy her own horse. Molly is lovely but she and Ebony don't get on, so rather than see Ebony stressed out by the newcomer, I have reluctantly decided to sell Molly. I'm wanting £900 for her.
Don't know where you're from DrMunns - I'm in Yorkshire, near Goole.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:15:34 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

DrMunns

• Joined Dec 2016
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 10:38:42 pm »
I'm just south of Leeds, I'm wanting one to work a horse plough and harrow as a demonstration for the kids that visit

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 12:11:37 pm »
Well Molly has actually done more driving than riding. I'm sure if you had a suitably light plough and harrow she would be great. As Buttermilk said, larger riding mules are like hens' teeth, but to get an even larger draft mule, of cart horse size is even rarer.
As you're not a million miles away - I'm just near j 34 on the M62 - why not come and have a look?
She has a little donkey friend who could go with her and then you could end up with a team like the Budweiser advert. :roflanim:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:14:48 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS