Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wanted: white fertile pure breed LF eggs for a broody  (Read 1042 times)

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
wanted: white fertile pure breed LF eggs for a broody
« on: June 21, 2019, 07:34:05 pm »
I want to use my hen's new broodiness to raise a white egg layer, if possible. Ideally a rare/heritage breed LF. The hatching eggs need to be white, as I already have two types of cream/tinted egg layers and several shades of brown. If you can supply, I can collect, within say 70 miles of Swansea.
Thanks

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: wanted: white fertile pure breed LF eggs for a broody
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:29:54 pm »
If no one can help you on here, its worth trying ebay! They will post to you, just rest the eggs for 24 hours before placing under the broodie... I have tried with great success!

Good luck!

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: wanted: white fertile pure breed LF eggs for a broody
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 07:43:36 am »
Thanks Roddy; having thought about it overnight, I've decided to break her instead. She had a brood last year, and I've already had two other broodies this year (so that's 3 broodies out of 6 laying hens, and all supposedly from non-setting breeds!), and I really don't have room for more chicks, so head wins this time  :(  I'll have to postpone the white layer until next year at least.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS