Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice on getting a Cavalier King Charles  (Read 4907 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Advice on getting a Cavalier King Charles
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 10:05:31 am »
Ooh, they sound super interesting!  I’d like to see one of those
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 02:09:31 pm »
Whippets are a great choice, you have to train it to recall, not many KKCS are up to going running.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 12:18:54 pm »
I am horrified!!!!!!  Brittanys are a woonderful pure bred breed.  why on earth would anyone want to cross them with an inferior breed  :coat:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 11:38:06 am »
People will cross anything these days  :coat:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 02:20:38 pm »
I am horrified!!!!!!  Brittanys are a woonderful pure bred breed.  why on earth would anyone want to cross them with an inferior breed  :coat:

What the heck is the problem with it?  If if it suits some people to cross with something that’s more mellow than a full-on working dog.  It’s not like it hurts the breed, or the dogs or bitches that are used. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 04:16:13 pm »
As you obviously basically want a sensible dog, not too big  that'll fit in with your family, why not go to a reputable rescue and see what there is there. There are lovely dogs available at all ages and shapes and sizes. And all they ask for is someone to love them. Sometimes you can overthink things, and then nothing seems right.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS