Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mystery glass object  (Read 2190 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Mystery glass object
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:34:22 pm »
A friend of ours just received this in the post, but with no paperwork or other identification.

Do any of you know what it is?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Zyg

• Joined Nov 2018
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Mystery glass object
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:54:28 pm »
My guess is that it is part of a still

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:58 am »
An insect trap?

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 08:29:05 am »
Interestin and unusual. I also first thought about some sort of chem lab retort but you'ld expect much more neck on any access port for a good seal and they don't usually have a flat side.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:25 am »
A gift from Amazon................ :D

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »
 :idea:      It's called a conservation piece . :roflanim:

Looks like a mini  carboy/  garden bottle to hold a bit of something like an air plant ?

Just found this on Amazon
Sponsored
Mkouo 2 Pack Glass Hanging Plant Terrarium Flower Vase Planter Air Plant Pot Container Home Decoration, Orb and Teardrop

Mkouo-Terrarium-Container-Decoration-Teardrop/dp/B01DXVZQSI/ref=sr_1_24_sspa?keywords=small+glass+plant+bottles&qid=1560461278&s=gateway&sr=8-24-spons&psc=1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:30:29 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 10:32:04 pm »
Mystery perhaps solved - we think it's a vase:

Quite why it was delivered to my friend's house (it wasn't from Amazon BTW) is anybody's guess!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 11:18:32 am »
Some times it due to bad input on a computer address records or a mistake by a keyboard sales team member .
 Often a company will buy a registered voters list to check or prove a customers  address & risk assessment they also buy others it's a big business it only take a slip of a mouse and what has ben ordered 7 paid for gets sent to the wrong but correct address .

There are other explanations to do with fraud and being asked to pay such and such for it then being conned to give your bank details over when the seller says so  sorry our mistake you far paid too much let me have your bank details & I'll refund you the difference . Then send you an email purporting to pay £2468 or similar to your bank . a few hours later you get another email saying help the new clerk and sent far to much but as it's innyour ccount they can't get it back would you refund us £2430 , keep the glasses and the extra money by way of us compensating you for our mistake  .

If you pay thinking you've got some thing for nothing & have a fist full too boot .." Wrong ".you lose £2430 ..it's a suckers con.

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS