Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help  (Read 794 times)

Oldfarmer

• Joined Mar 2019
Help
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:27:59 pm »
 :farmer: Hi all, recently moved to Droitwich in Worcestershire. We purchased a redundant farm, it's not been a working farm for over 25 years. Apart from decorating the farmhouse, we have over 17 acres. We have had all the grass and weeds cut a couple of months ago, just so we could see what we had to work with. We have outbuildings but most are unsafe unfortunately. Ok where do we start? I like to grow vegetables and plants and was about to purchase a poly tunnel, but do I need planning permission? I noticed the farm behind us have 2 wind turbines, can you lease your land for those? And we want to get animals, goats, pigs, chickens, but where do we go etc? Sorry for all the questions but we really need to make the farm work and some profit.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:39:51 am »
Hello and welcome :wave: . Off out just now but will come back with thought, as will others. Info here on livestock https://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/livestock/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS