Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Manure needed near Forfar.  (Read 1906 times)

Sandwoodman

• Joined Apr 2018
  • nr Forfar
    • Holos Homeopathy
Manure needed near Forfar.
« on: March 05, 2019, 08:13:17 pm »
Hello. We are not really smallholders but have a fairly large vegetable garden and a poly-tunnel. Does anyone have manure they can spare? At the moment we're using comfrey liquid (hold your nose!), dried seaweed meal and grazing rye as green manure, but we would really appreciate some animal manure to enrich the compost.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: Manure needed near Forfar.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 06:28:52 pm »
You'd be welcome to some of my goat manure, all straw based.
I'm near st Cyrus.
The manure is still in deep litter in the field shelter at the moment but I'd be hoping to muck them out in April though potentially could do earlier if you needed it.
If I don't have anyone wanting to take it away, I was planning to let the pigs turn it for me to create good rich compost

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:36:49 pm »
HiI have sent you a message.Minty

Blossum

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 09:30:32 pm »
Hi if you're quick we are just about to spread donkey/pony dung on our feild as we have jsut moved house and need rid of it. We are atFinavon just behind Peggy Scotts

Sandwoodman

• Joined Apr 2018
  • nr Forfar
    • Holos Homeopathy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 11:58:02 am »
Thank you for the offer, Blossom, I have been away and have just read your response. I have enough for this year but always keen to collect more. I guess it may be too late now, perhaps in the future if you have any spare.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 07:13:35 am »
We're in Carnoustie - almost always have some available.

Blossum

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 03:27:44 pm »
Glad you are sorted, if you need anything in future we are now at Oathlaw but a bit sort supply at the moment so next year would be better. Hope you have a productive crop.

linzscott140

• Joined Feb 2020
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 05:59:43 pm »
Hi if you're quick we are just about to spread donkey/pony dung on our feild as we have jsut moved house and need rid of it. We are atFinavon just behind Peggy Scotts

Hi Blossom,

Wondered if you have manure now? My mum lives at Oathlaw (brown gates across from post box). I have an allotment in Forfar and could do with some well rotted stuff.

Thanks

Blossum

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 12:43:50 pm »
Sorry not logged in for a few days. I can keep some back for you as we tend ot put it on the field as I muck out. We are at Ploverhall, take the road down to Justinhaugh, halfway down on the right turn in at Tinker's Avenue and the second house along, it's the new one. Let me know how much you need and I can set it aside to rot down. Regards Helen

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 05:42:44 pm »
We've got well rotted available now. Carnoustie.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS