Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Capden Tablets  (Read 2829 times)

oldwolf

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Livingston
Capden Tablets
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:31:32 pm »
To alliviate the problems I had with my bramble and elderberry must turning into vinegar I soaked some mixed fruit for about 48 hours (cause I didn't have time to deal with it sooner) in a campden tablet solution to kill off any bacteria on the fruit.  When I dealt with it tonight the colour had been leeched from the strawberries and rasps with a slight paling of the Blueberries the rest such as Brambles were fine. Anyway I have stuck it on and I'll let you know how it goes, maybe it will turn out a Rose.  Any one else come across this?
'And the crowd called out for more'

oldwolf

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Livingston
Re: Capden Tablets
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:20 pm »
And a delightful Rose it is, very rasperry nosed! ;D
'And the crowd called out for more'

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Capden Tablets
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:01:20 pm »
Only just read this - I think it was because Camden tablets have a bleaching effect.  I love rose wines, I ma hoping to try some wine again soon, my first attempt was a kit using concentrate, but I was given a load of black grapes, which I juiced and froze, so just have to defrost it and get it going.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS