Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello everyone - looking forward to sharing & learning (mostly learning!)  (Read 12700 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Hello everyone - looking forward to sharing & learning (mostly learning!)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »
How fantastic - although we has planning for the renovation of our wee cottage, the previous owner put the 300m drive in the wrong place, etc etc so although way off a planning expert am getting better at the 'why's and wherefore's' and the day the building warrant came through was just fantastic - wish you lots of luck with your venture from a very wet Aberdeenshire, Clare
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 03:31:38 pm »
Thanks everyone!
...Did you get your wind turbines, by any chance?  What are you doing for household/farm energy?  Look forward to hearing more...........
Hi Morri2 we're just about to get connected up to mains electricity although our new home will be very eco friendly and a wind turbine is definately on our list.....I think the locals may try and burn us at the stake for even thinking about it though :-\ I have always found turbines to be so elegent and windy old Scotland is an ideal place to have them - clean fuel....I don't understand why people have a problem with them ???

Welcome back Pebbles. I really take my hat off to you and your OH - you're a great example.
Rosemary  ;D you know what an inspiration you are to us wannabes. You've done a brilliant job setting this and the CSSA up so we can all support one another.

...although way off a planning expert am getting better at the 'why's and wherefore's' and the day the building warrant came through was just fantastic - wish you lots of luck with your venture from a very wet Aberdeenshire, Clare
Thanks Clare. I know what you mean - until you start to deal with the planners you have no idea how complicated and packed full of rules and regulations it is.......and every Council is slightly different with their own interpretations on Government guidlines. I just kept reading everything I could find and eventually (after about the 100th read) it started to make some sense!!!  ::) Still waiting for everything to arrive in writing....I'll probably frame it! ;D

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 05:35:28 am »
welcome from the Kingdom of Fife
Craig

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 12:50:42 pm »
Hello, welcome & good luck from North Yorkshire  8) 8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 02:56:42 pm »
welcome back  ;D

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
So brilliant to read that you managed to stick with all the **** that is planning and have come up trumps  ;D We went through 18 months of 'fun and games' with our local council planning department, the tears, anger and frustration was unbelievable at times, but having just got our final building inspection completed and completion certificate due through the post the satisfaction is HUGE  ;D
All the best
Tish

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS