Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from me  (Read 7359 times)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Hello from me
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:31:28 pm »
Hi
Thought I would introduce myself, my name is Carole and I live in Brittany, France. Have found this site already to be a mine field of information. Started off 5 years ago in France with 10 chickens, now have approx 70, lots of rare breeds which has become an obsession. Also have 3 Mangalitza sows and an unrelated boar which we bought about 3 years ago and being new to pig rearing at that time was certainly an experience, as they look like sheep, or as the local chase think wild boar having a bad hair day.  Have some babies too which we are going to test the meat soon!!!!
Since then have become interested in other breeds of pigs and have saddlebacks, large white x bayeaux.
Also have ouessant sheep, fjord ponies and minature goats.Not forgetting ducks and geese.
Looking forward to discussing and learning about keeping animals etc as ,yes again I am an accidential smallholder.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Hello from me
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:07 pm »
Good to see you on here at last!! Missed you mate!

For those who don't know you, I can tell everyone that you are truely mother earth when it comes to your animals.

This is a lady that is dotty about every animal and bird on her smallholding, and is responsible for hand rearing our Onslo and Rose Mangalitza as well as raising their half sister Violet. Rose and Violet had a good upbringing, but that Olslo - well I blame Carole for not giving him 'the talk' - he totally abused three of our fair maidens here before 'doing' their mother!! We now have four young families here; all beautiful of course, but does he call? No.  Does he visit? No! Naughty boy!!

Looking forward to reading your postings.

Kate

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:23:26 pm »
Hi Carole

Great to see you here, I think Kate's glowing testimony is all we need to welcome you!

Looking forward to hearing more about your menagerie,

Dan

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:23 am »
Carole please tell everyone about the pigs and the off road cyclist.....  ps welcome   HM

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 03:31:39 pm »
  Does he visit? No! Naughty boy!!

hehe pig will be pigs

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:18:13 pm »
A warm welcome Carol, Janx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS