Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: newbie from Ireland  (Read 1164 times)

grumpy1

• Joined Nov 2018
newbie from Ireland
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:09:26 pm »
Hi all, living near Kinsale Ireland and found this site while researching hand looms. Am a mature student of 62 years who is studying contemporary applied art so this is all new to me. So be nice :innocent:

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: newbie from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:18:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum [member=189026]grumpy1[/member]. (And why are you so grumpy?)
I think you might have confused the forum by your post (!?):  do you have a "small-holding" and are also interested in weaving OR are you simply interested in weaving and wishing to connect with the folk here who are also into weaving (and, perhaps, spinning)? 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:21:32 pm by arobwk »

grumpy1

• Joined Nov 2018
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 10:59:34 pm »
Sorry yep just interested in weaving. Have an acre behind my house but its all grass :innocent:. So havent been a small holder but know a few

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:13:29 pm »
Hi Grumps, there are not many of us here who weave.  I wish I was one but I'm not, yet.  I spin and knit, and keep sheep to produce wool (as well as breeding stock and meat)  There are a few weavers here but the chat on the subject is quite slow.  Post something in 'Crafts' and see who comes out of the woodwork.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 11:29:20 pm »
Hi Grumps. I used to be a hand-loom weaver and did try to get back into it when I become disabled but found it just too painful. I do spin, crochet and knit though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS