Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: *Wanted* Looking for 2 ewes for land near Aberdeen  (Read 1023 times)

AgriMax

• Joined Nov 2018
  • Cothal - Aberdeen
*Wanted* Looking for 2 ewes for land near Aberdeen
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:09:23 am »
Hi,

I'm looking for 2 ewes to keep on my land near Aberdeen. Not to worried about the breed just looking to get 2 to start building up the land and stock on it happy to take any pet sheep too

Happy to travel a fair distance to get them.
Feel free to send me messages or emails.

Hope to hear from someone soon
Cornish farm hand, giving small holding a go in Scotland.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: *Wanted* Looking for 2 ewes for land near Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:40 pm »
What are you planning to do with the land and sheep longer term? Kill for meat,  keep for fleeces/pets/ lawn mowers?
How much land do you have and is it well fenced?
I keep Hebridean sheep near St Cyrus,  and could have a couple of unregistered ewe lambs or some wether lambs or hoggs for sale if they were suitable for your requirements.
Feel free to reply or message directly if you were interested, or fancied coming to have a look

AgriMax

• Joined Nov 2018
  • Cothal - Aberdeen
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »
I've sent you a message fsmnutter, but for everyone else I'm planing on having these as pet sheep for the time being.

So far it's a 3 acre field + additional woodland. And the possibility to expand to the neighbouring field. All well fenced since I did it all myself.
Cornish farm hand, giving small holding a go in Scotland.

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:36:40 pm »
Hi
I know of a couple of shetland ewes for sale in Methlick can pass on details if you pm me

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS