Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: job hunting?  (Read 2464 times)

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
job hunting?
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:28:49 am »
Ok i have spent the last hour on google looking up companies, sending my CV off and asking for any jobs. I want to work in the following industries. Van/car driving,sewer and drain cleaning, warehouse,fork lift truck in counter balance reach and telescopic, farm worker(mainly with the telescopic usage), road worker(i don't mind working on motorways even though i nearly died while working on the m40 one night).I have tried places like build base but is there any other ports of call. i just get fed up trawling through with no reply's etc. i have tried job centre website are there any like national companies for road works i have done ringway but am at my witts end any help would be greatly appreciated .

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: job hunting?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:06:30 am »
What part of the Country are you in daddymatty?
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 10:14:24 am »
You have loads of options open to you, there must be something its just finding it. Have you thought of staying away to work? We have a B&B and get loads of men working up here (central Scotland) then returning home at the weekend, loads especialy from the North East. I think it could be an option as some areas are heavily populated so fewer jobs with more people chasing them. A lot of the contractors we see post thier CV onto specific sites, carn't remember now. My partner had to cycle all around the area a while ago, he then picked up a job working on the bridge but it was nearly finished when he started, he actualy loved it and it was only down the road, he now has a good job in the field he was trained in, homeless. If I can remember the agencies I will post but don't hold your breath. ALso look where there are big developments going on, the motorway around Glasgow, and Glasgow is NOT as frightening as some people make out, that is unless you are a gang member!!!! Good luck, you WILL work soon :wave:

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:17:54 am »
What part of the Country are you in daddymatty?
wiltshire in sw uk

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:28:48 am »
You have loads of options open to you, there must be something its just finding it. Have you thought of staying away to work? We have a B&B and get loads of men working up here (central Scotland) then returning home at the weekend, loads especialy from the North East. I think it could be an option as some areas are heavily populated so fewer jobs with more people chasing them. A lot of the contractors we see post thier CV onto specific sites, carn't remember now. My partner had to cycle all around the area a while ago, he then picked up a job working on the bridge but it was nearly finished when he started, he actualy loved it and it was only down the road, he now has a good job in the field he was trained in, homeless. If I can remember the agencies I will post but don't hold your breath. ALso look where there are big developments going on, the motorway around Glasgow, and Glasgow is NOT as frightening as some people make out, that is unless you are a gang member!!!! Good luck, you WILL work soon :wave:

i have worked away 3 weeks a time but that was when i was single now i cannot bring my self to do it again as now i have a family and yes i need to provide for them but no i cannot be away from them  glasgow is not bad i worked there a few times  i used to stay either in edinborough or east Kilbride. the problem i have is alot of contruction is temperary so when they advertise for 2 weeks maybe 10 weeks its just not long enough to make it pay but i have looked into that sort of thing

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 12:34:59 pm »
It might be worth trying this company http://www.newwaverecruit.biz/ I'm not sure how they normally recruit, as the website is more geared towards the companies that they might place employees with, but it might be worth checking them out. I only know of them because I personally know the scottish rep's. But as far I as know, they have areas all over the UK, and they place to councils, or to construction work etc.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS