Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blooming Little Goats  (Read 3426 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Blooming Little Goats
« on: September 30, 2010, 01:03:14 pm »
We have two goats that have become a little too humanised, as such they are constantly jumping the fence to get out and onto the yard, in the house, in the garden and well anywhere they like. 

Today when I got back to the house from the shed one of the builders came over and said that one of them had jumped into the back of his work van, he didn't mind that too much and carried on only to then see her jump over the partition into the front and promptly started to eat all his invoices and receipts.  To add to the insult as he approached the van she squatted and wee'ed on his seat!!

What a pain - chuckle  :goat:

Ta

Baz

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Blooming Little Goats
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 02:27:31 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D Not very respectful!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:25:32 pm »
You probably need to invest in some good electric (mains) fencing (topwire electric and sheep netting wire below).... (Hope she didn't eat your bills.... they would now be double what they were before).

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
That's just hilarious!  ;D

On a serious note, like Anke said, electric fencing would be the way to go.  It's the only way to keep ours out, the cheeky monkeys.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:19 pm »
:)  very funny .... though not for the builder, or his accountant ("sorry Inland Revenue... the goat ate them!")
Little Blue

Somersham

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 12:08:29 pm »
Hehe im glad we're not the only ones!

maybelle

• Joined Sep 2010
  • worcestershire
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »
How funny!  ;D  Didn't realize they eat paper, sounds like they eat anything.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »
They wont eat it - just pull it and make a mess!! 

They have also learned to pull the quad keys out an go drop them somewhere else, little bastards.  :goat:  :goat:

I think I may have to use the old 'goat ate my paperwork' excuse in the future :)

Baz

maybelle

• Joined Sep 2010
  • worcestershire
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 10:10:11 pm »
One of the horses on my yard pulled the quad key from the ignition and it took hours to find the keys  :horse:

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 09:07:02 pm »
That's exactly why I love goats. Our pygmys walk through electric fence, connected to mains, when they want to. They permanently live with "the other side" mentality, and its not just the grass! On the quad bike, in the car, wherever you are they will join. There isn't a nasty bone in them, they are just soo cheeky.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:22 pm »
|Reggie learnt how to pick my mobile phone out of my pocket while I milked his mum some months ago. used to spend ages looking for it and had to ring it in the end!!
They know that my hubby is not an animal person and today I managed to persuade him to help clean the goat shed out (you know, quality time together and all that) while we were in there bent over scooping much the pair of them ran up to tony and plastered his face with goat kisses  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS