Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poultry during firework night  (Read 1883 times)

wendyg

• Joined Sep 2018
Poultry during firework night
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:19:31 pm »
Hi there,
I recently bought my first chickens, 2 silkie bantams. I am tempted to bring them into the garage during firework night, in case the loud noises scare them. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Is this necessary? Or would they be fine outside in their coop?
Thank you!

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Poultry during firework night
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:50:44 pm »
I think they'll be fine in their coop. If they wake up they might squawk a bit but I think their best left to it, the coop is their safe space and they'll settle down better afterwards in there.

abc123

• Joined Oct 2018
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:01:49 pm »
I always leave mine in the coop because they get more stressed if i move them and disorientate them than they do with the fireworks.....    :thumbsup:

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:44 am »
The problem is firework nights, as it seems to go on for weeks. Depends how close they are, but I think the flashes are perhaps more disturbing than the bangs. I would leave them in the coop outside anyway as they are in familiar surroundings and you don't know which nights will be the worst.

abc123

• Joined Oct 2018
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 05:47:34 pm »
Yes exactly chris. Depends how enthusiastic your neighbours are... :eyelashes: :thinking: :innocent:

wendyg

• Joined Sep 2018
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 11:13:59 am »
That is true, probably best to leave them then, thank you for your replies. They are tough little birds!

abc123

• Joined Oct 2018
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 06:15:14 pm »
 :) no probs
Good luck with them...such cool little birds.... :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS