Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How many pekin males  (Read 2757 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
How many pekin males
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:54:20 pm »
How many bantam males will live together happilly, (at the moment i have a 1year old and a 11week old, neither i really want to get rid of)

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
Re: How many pekin males
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:06:28 pm »
I have 2 pens with 2 boys in them and they are ok

in the layers i got 6 guys and they dont figh :wave:t either

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:20 pm »
thats good to know, my situation is i am over run with boys again, after having three from last hatch, and buying one in

i am keeping the barnevelder, with the large hens as i have two hens, and i have the other pen with 4 confirmed males and one unsexed auracana.

i have a male and female black pekin, so i am reluctant to get rid of the female, but they are really well bonded, and it would be sad to see them separated, despite my post in market place advertising the cockerel.

and my other male is the guy that started my love for the breed, and also has a story behind his arrival.

so hopefully the two males will live together, or maybe the wee black two with the barnvleder, i don't know    ::)  ::)

bibs

• Joined Jul 2009
  • dorset
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »
Hi - I have two pekin males in my poultry run. One is dominant - but he's not oppressive and the other one has a pretty good life. x

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:02:10 am »
i have pekins cameron and find they tend to live together quite well
where as we have ginger game and can only keep one out free range!!!  :o if anything else is out he WILL kill it :o so no chance of keeping him in a run with anything other than girls
Just see how you get on  ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS