Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Accommodation offered  (Read 1216 times)

Sally Eaves

• Joined Oct 2018
Accommodation offered
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »
So glad to have found this site, recommended by a shee loving friend. I am slowly moving into the smallholding I have wanted most of my life. Bit crazy really, half a mile of bumpy track, but it is a beautiful secluded little valley mile and half walk from the magnificnet North Pembrokeshire coast. Nothing to hear but the buzzards and the two small rivers which border the land. No near roads, or neighbours or street lights, or mobile phone signal. There is a bus stop 7 minutes walk away through the woods, good service in summer to Cardigan or Newport. Only two days a week in winter. There is a spacious static caravan next to the house, currently empty. It has woodburner in fair sized sitting room, there will be a compost loo to save people having to come to the house, bathroom, small!, and nice kitchen, one double bedroom and one very small box room.  I need a bit of rent coming in but just as much I could do with someone on site who would be happy to keep an eye on the soon to arrive sheep (only two for starters) and already intermittently in residence chickens, as I am still driving van loads of stuff up and down the motorway. With or without the chickens. Plenty of scope for gardening and a huge pile of horse manure from previous owners. Real suntrap and very sheltered.So many wonderful trees. Ring me on 01239 881222 and leave message, with a land line number to ring back if possible. Or try 01237 441059 as well.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Accommodation offered
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:34 am »
So glad to have found this site, recommended by a shee loving friend.

I think she meant “sheep loving friend”  :D

And by which, she means me :)

Hi Sally  :wave:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »
Your new smallholding sounds idyllic (in the summer  :sunshine: )  I hope it's not too much of a struggle in winter - maybe being near the west coast will mean there's not too much snow  :cold:

I was wondering if you are looking for a permanent resident for your caravan, or holiday lets, which are probably more profitable, but less likely to give worthwhile help.

Anyway, I just want to wish you success  ;D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 02:08:07 pm »
Try Spareroom.co.uk. A basic listing is free. It will also give you an idea for the going rate in your area.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS