Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sophie's Universe  (Read 1945 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Sophie's Universe
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:18:39 pm »
Have any of you crafters made a Sophie's Universe blanket? I'm going to make one for our son and DIL as a housewarming present when they move into their new home. That should really say a chateau-warming as they have bought, gutted and are restoring a section of a chateau in the south of France. They hope to move in next May so I'll have to work hard at it although they've been saying they should be moved in by Christmas, New Year, spring, autumn, etc for the last three years. Now they have the twins as well at their 3 year old, they are rather crowded in the place they are in just now.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Sophie's Universe
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:21:59 pm »
I've just seen this MGM and I have to ask - what's a Sophies Universe blanket?  Have you made yours yet?  Also, how was your visit to France?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:42:38 pm »
I did put this on another post, FW, but here's the link. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sophies-universe-growing-up

Had a wonderful time in France although our son was working a lot of the time so we didn't go out much. I did get lots of cuddles with the babies though and some precious time with their three year old brother. The three year old is at pre-school for mornings only and then came home for a two hour nap in the afternoon so not easy to go out. Managed coffee in Limoux town square a couple of time before picking Manu up at twelve.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 12:46:55 am »
Ah I see  8)  That's really zany.  So have you started yours yet?

It's hard work with small children - our elder son went from brown hair to white in a few years with having three close together, and another older one.  We had two, but that was fine, perhaps because I was very young so just took it in my stride.  Did you eventually get buttons for your cardigans for the twins?

I've just read the other thread and you have answered these questions there so just ignore me  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:52:57 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS