Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fixing a duplicated move on ScotEID?  (Read 1874 times)

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Fixing a duplicated move on ScotEID?
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:39 pm »
My holding register is currently at -25 sheep!  It seems that when I sold the 29, the transporter registered it as a movement from my holding to the mart holding and then the mart also registered it as a movement from my holding to the buyers' holdings via the mart.  I can't seem to figure out how to fix this - can I do it myself or do I have to ring them?

(Very pleased to see that while 3 of them are probably now no longer with us, the rest are all the way down in Devon and Somerset, 10 of them at what looks like a very posh estate - after being used to living on a Highland hill, they're going to think they've hit the jackpot with the grass down there!)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Fixing a duplicated move on ScotEID?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:38:24 pm »
and on Monday morning ;
Tel: 01466 794323 The folk in Huntly will help you out

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 12:36:06 pm »
Yes phone , they are very helpful .  Can't understand as the transporter has nothing to do with your sheep , so please update us when you get it sorted

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:16:19 am »
Update for anyone interested, the people at ScotEID were indeed lovely and helpful and said as long as my holding register here was correct, not to worry about it - it's something that happens when sheep go across the border from Scotland to England and get entered on the ARAMS system as well as ScotEID, it somehow creates duplicate entries.

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 12:55:55 pm »
... the people at ScotEID were indeed lovely and helpful and said as long as my holding register here was correct, not to worry about it...

Interesting, since the advice on ScotEID still says "19. If you keep an accurate register on ScotEID you do not need to keep a separate paper register." I wonder which one they regard as the "real" record.

I've been continuing to maintain the paper register but was intending to point the inspectors to the ScotEID register in the event of an inspection, to see what the reaction would be. As almost all my moves are via an auction mart I have had very little difficulty with ScotEID, apart from the wedder that turned up in a gathering in the neighbouring township 2 years after I had written him off as dead.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS