Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TV series opportunity  (Read 4092 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
TV series opportunity
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:45:28 am »
We have recently received this email. Please respond to Sarah if you think you can help or know someone else who might be suitable.

Rosemary

I am doing some research on a potential series on rare native breeds.  We are looking for a few good stories of people in the UK who are rearing rare breeds with some sort of quest in mind e.g. getting ready for a show, making a unique product, bringing back an almost extinct breed.  The series would be very character driven so we are looking for great characters who are perhaps doing something a bit quirky and unusual with a rare breed, or are the lead person in their field.

I thought I would contact you to see if you could think of anyone who might be doing anything with rare breeds who might be good to feature in the series?

If the series goes ahead it will be filmed next year.

I thought I would send you this email and then perhaps give you a call at some point to discuss this further?  I would be so grateful for any leads you could give me, or if you could pass this on to any of the team you think might be able to help.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Barber | Researcher

Aquila Films
19 Bishops Road, London, N6 4HP
+44 (0) 207 731 2425  mob: 07748 980618
http://www.aquilafilms.com

bamford6

Re: TV series opportunity
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:30:19 am »
iv been on a mission to get some off the best rare breeds in Scotland as we haven't got the good stuff .i spent a full weekend dawn in lincin with the scots dumpy which has been sorted .iv also been dawn to Germany to get some gold lace orpingtons bantams . spent last autumn at peterbrough getting red silkies . best storey bought seven chicks from dawn south last October  looked after them all winter blue silkies just had young stock from them .im naw sending stock to the black mountains in wales to set them up .there is nothing on this earth would stop me iff i wonted some 1s stock hatch the eggs go dawn meet and buy stock we naw have some off the rarest breeds in Scotland and it docent stop there sheep embryo Dorper sheep The Rare Breeds Conservation Society we have 50 off these

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:53:29 am »
I look forward to seeing you on the telly. Wish I had some rare British breeds to offer.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:36:46 am »
iv been on a mission to get some off the best rare breeds in Scotland as we haven't got the good stuff .i spent a full weekend dawn in lincin with the scots dumpy which has been sorted .iv also been dawn to Germany to get some gold lace orpingtons bantams . spent last autumn at peterbrough getting red silkies . best storey bought seven chicks from dawn south last October  looked after them all winter blue silkies just had young stock from them .im naw sending stock to the black mountains in wales to set them up .there is nothing on this earth would stop me iff i wonted some 1s stock hatch the eggs go dawn meet and buy stock we naw have some off the rarest breeds in Scotland and it docent stop there sheep embryo Dorper sheep The Rare Breeds Conservation Society we have 50 off these
Have you emailed this girl, Gary?  Will we see you on the telly?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bamford6

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »
http://centurion-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/                                 this was the last film i was in Centurion

bamford6

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:08:12 pm »
doganjo haws things with you ..still working to hard i have had i bit off good luck the quail eggs have been selling well .it dosent look good with the other stock feed up £120 a month still havent made nothink .will be selling a lot in october need to let a lot go all the best Gary

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:13 pm »
doganjo haws things with you ..still working to hard i have had i bit off good luck the quail eggs have been selling well .it dosent look good with the other stock feed up £120 a month still havent made nothink .will be selling a lot in october need to let a lot go all the best Gary
You need to slow down again, Gary - think of the kids!  They need you, they don't need you back in hospital!  All fine here, been pretty wet so need to try and get something better organised for the chooks.  Their run is a swamp!  I need to slow down a bit too - got too many things going on.  Off down to England for our Club weekend tomorrow, but should be cleaning out my chicken shed - must get that done when i get home or the RSPCA will be after me. ;)  I think a TV series would see my place as a 'chicken homes from hell'  ::) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bamford6

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »
just think that its like spud picking you never get to the end off the field .most pens set ups will sufer all this wet wether my problem is when it gets cold .i get out  1 day a week naw that helps still have tons off work thou have a good week end and come back to that work later best

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS