Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: dexters  (Read 8518 times)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
dexters
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:21 pm »
Hiya all, not realy been around here for along time but planning on becoming a regular again ;D

I've got some dexter cows and heifers for sale all types and ages, some regd some not :D

should anybody be interested in any of them please feel free to ask here or to pm me and i shall get back to you ASAP

Thanx

Dan
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
Re: dexters
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:27:17 pm »
Hi Dan

Hope you sell them, I wish I was local as I would have one. After seeing how good yours were I have decided to get a longlegged for my holding.  Was offered a 14 year old one for free (she has just has a bull calf and very healthy) but was worried about the disposal cost if she died.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 04:36:57 pm by Rosey »

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:11:06 pm »
Hiya Rosey....................not realy been here for ages on end!!! :o

if you do want a couple let me know and i'll work out the transport if you want :)

pm me if your interested, all the calves have gone now but the cows have been out running with the bull so should be well in calf ;D

i dont mind doing the transport just for the cost of the diesal

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:37 pm »
Hi dan, we may be interested i fear distance may be a problem were about 10miles from monmouth have you got any prices? would be interested in in calf heifers and some steers cheers neil

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:38:45 pm »
hiya garden cottage, there is a chance i may have two of this years bullucks left, but all the rest have gone.

I have got some heifers, but these are 2y/o now, and been running with the bull, i'm not sure to date wether they have allready had him ::)

if not in calf would you be interested in these?

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 10:40:43 pm »
p.s distance not a prob, aslong as your willing to pay diesal :)

were abouts in near monmouth are you?

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 10:48:25 pm »
will have a chat with the "other half" and get back to you dan,we are in the forest of dean in gloucestershire, 10 miles to monmouth from our place, think i still have your no on messages give you a ring ok

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 10:50:38 pm »
No rush there not going anywhere, it would only take an hour from you to pop up nd see them if you wanted to :)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 12:26:10 pm »
Hi
Considering getting a house cow. Don't know much about cattle. How tame are yours and have you any that suits the bill. Do yours live out all year round?  Basically what do you feed other than grass of course and how much. What do you reckon it costs to keep one on a weekly basis and it needs to be small as I'm getting too old to grapple with anything big.
Kaz
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 01:21:42 pm »
Hi
Considering getting a house cow. Don't know much about cattle. How tame are yours and have you any that suits the bill. Do yours live out all year round?  Basically what do you feed other than grass of course and how much. What do you reckon it costs to keep one on a weekly basis and it needs to be small as I'm getting too old to grapple with anything big.
Kaz

Hi Kaz,

First of all, yep mine are out all year round, they have natural shelter and trees to stand under, they are on grass 24/7, they finish on that here as we have loads of the stuff here! ;D  ;Dthey have no nuts or hay and are quite happy with that >:( so weekly cost so far is nothing, mine have from being born to going to slaughter, 2 wrmers and one lot of pouron fly deterent, i have got some cracking small heifers, due to calf next year, none of them however have ever been tied up or haltered, but with them still being young i cant see as this would be a problem :D ::)

i have got some registered but the best are the unregistered ones of mine, and if your only keeping for pleasure and not for showing i'd recommend you go for an unregd one as you could pay alo more for the regd ones ::)

I hope this helps, i'll pm you with my number so if you want to call for a chat you can.  ;D

Dan

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:05 pm »
What sort of price are you talking about to give me some idea and they small ones seem ideal. My main concern is if we would have enough grass to keep it going all year as we have the sheep as well, and of course how much do they poach the land. Are fields are up long the Ystwyth so gtood pasture land. Just out of interest who's your local vet.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:15:39 pm »
ystwyth  are the vets i use ;D

They dont realy poach the land at all, Prices are between £200 and £550

is your land on the other side of tanybwlch?

How much grazing have you got, and how many sheep are there already?

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 02:26:03 pm »
I'm not too sure where Tanybwlch is!!
Are trying to reduce our sheep numbers down to free up some land but have excellant grazing red & white clover and assorted other bits. Well sheltered as more or less surround by forestry.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »
Ok, were in borth so if your not too far your more than welcome to come over and see them :)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 06:17:23 pm »
Can I come back to you on that, as pretty busy at moment and don't want to have a flying visit as if going to invest in an animal want to have a good look at your stock, even if its at twenty yards away to start with. Where approx in Borth are you? On the low land by the railway or the higher bit?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS