Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland lambs for sale in Fife  (Read 3194 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Shetland lambs for sale in Fife
« on: September 21, 2010, 06:44:07 pm »
Hi I have ten shetland ewe lambs for sale and four tup lambs all mostly moorit with a couple of blacks looking for £30 each. Also some mature rams for £40. All heptivac and worming up to date.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:45:42 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Shetland lambs for sale in Fife
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:30:23 pm »
No Shetland ewe lambs left still have a selection of tups and tup lambs. anyone interested.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »
Hello
I am looking for a shetland tup to hire or buy for the breeding season
We are novices with 6 ewes - 4 of which we would like to put to a tup this year -
I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions.

If we bought a tup would we need 2 for company when he is not with the ewes?

How do we then change tup for future years so that he is not impregnating his daughters?

kirsty

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:54:49 pm »
We also have a small flock of  4 Shetland ewes and a tup. we kept them together all year and only removed the tup when we weaned the tup lambs. We will put him back with the ewes in about a fortnight. We also have two tup lambs which we were planning to take to the abattoir but if you would like one of them I would be far happier to know he was going to a good home. We are based just outside Glasgow.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:56 pm »
I would be happy to sell you a tup lamb at a very reasonably price, It is always better for the tup to have company I usually have them running in pairs but the company of a wedder is just as good. [Andrew i think it is a bit of a cheek hijacking my post]

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:40:43 am »
My apologies if you thought I was hijacking post. Just realised you have tups and tup lambs for sale.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:32 pm »
Would like to add that these rams are registered pedigree and the lamb rams are eligible for registration. Marigold I have sent you a pm.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:26 am »
Still have ram lambs and mature rams available open to negotiation good healthy pedigree sheep all worming and heptivaced up to date.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS