Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another loss  (Read 4330 times)

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
Another loss
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:59:12 am »
Just had to have our little Icelandic mare PTS she never improved from the pedal bone rotation. She had been boxed for the best part of 2 months. She could only walk in the deep bedding in the stable and was in great pain whenever she was taken out to be mucked out. We got her with this problem and managed to give her 3 good years, with leather pads under her shoes and special trimming. She also popped out a surprise foal soon after we got her. She was in such a sorry state when we got her, so emaciated that the vet said she may not pull through. We thought she was bloated with worm burden. She had put everything into the foal. Not had the best of luck lately, that's two lost this year and one last year.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Another loss
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:43 am »
im so so so so sorry, its an awful thing to go through, my thoughts are with you  :horse: rip

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:25:44 am »
So sorry to hear this sad news. Well done you for what you did for her  :bouquet:

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 09:18:59 am »
having an iclandic pony in the field i rent that the owners say was in a sorry state and came a long way across the country to swindon i know how you must feel its very hard and its such a shame after the hardwork you put in the mare in our field should be woeking but is just over fat and is just left out in the field all year round  she is the only friend for my filly and i do feel sorry for her knowing how rare they are i would love to take her on and get her fit and into shape. i hope you dont have no more badluck  as they say it comes in 3's hope its the end to it all now

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:29 am »
Poor mare, what a sad loss and my thoughts are with you  :(

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »
HOw awful, I would be devastated, am so sorry.  There are a lot of icelandics near me, 2 in a field have suffered from switch itch this year, no one has tended to them, makes your heart bleed, its people like us that need to look after them all, oh if only that were possible!!

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 09:54:41 pm »
My thoughts are with you

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »
sorry for your loss   :(
Little Blue

amanda

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 12:35:22 am »
 :'( :'( another heart breaking story, thank goodness she found u for the latter part of her life!

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 07:43:44 am »
So sorry, poor mare had a bad start in life but a caring end.  :'(

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 08:08:33 am »
Sorry to hear about your mare - she had a the best caring home at the end.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS