Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Taking lambs from different holdings to the Abbatoir together?  (Read 2223 times)

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
A friend has just asked me if its legal to transport lambs from separate holdings to the abattoir together? I can't see why not as lambs from separate batches are sold at auction and transported straight to slaughter together? Does anyone know for certain?

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Taking lambs from different holdings to the Abbatoir together?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:59:07 am »
Take a look at the General Licence for moving stock - it covers multiple pickups. They are allowed as long as they take place at the edge of the holding and you use an approved method of loading as defined in the document.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 10:06:18 am »
Take a look at the General Licence for moving stock - it covers multiple pickups. They are allowed as long as they take place at the edge of the holding and you use an approved method of loading as defined in the document.

I should of said I'm in Wales, the licence has no provision for adding a second departure CPH, I can't see why they couldn't be moved under two separate licences though? Thanks

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:41 am »
We did it last year …. and plan too again in a couple of weeks ……….. all going to slaughter so no real issue … except I guess if vet at abattoir spots a problem then it would affect both lots.  (Ours went to Tregaron if that helps Bj) )
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:37 am »
We did it last year …. and plan too again in a couple of weeks ……….. all going to slaughter so no real issue … except I guess if vet at abattoir spots a problem then it would affect both lots.  (Ours went to Tregaron if that helps Bj) )

Thanks - do you complete separate movement licences for the separate batches?

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »
It would have to be separate licences but the transporter would be the same on them all whatever holding they came off.

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 08:28:56 pm »
As harmony says, we asked the same question to an official at the local market a few weeks ago and it was no problem for multiple pickups. Separate movement licenses for each pickup but using the same vehicle /transport etc.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS