Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trousers - recommendations?  (Read 4736 times)

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: Trousers - recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »
Army combats from ebay (new or second hand).  Cheap and robust, and you can get a good fit.  You just need to understand the nato trouser sizing (leg/waist/seat in cm).
Plus they have loads of pockets!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »
I used to wear charity shop jeans until I started farming, and then they just didn't last at all.

I'm well rounded, and Marks and Sparks everyday jeans, in the traditional mid-blue denim with a bit of stretch, work best for me.  (Other colours don't have the same amount of stretch, for some reason, and I need the 'ease' ;)). Usually I can get them for about £15/pair.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 12:26:37 pm »
I hate jeans because they are so slow to dry if you get wet. I wear Craghoppers trousers, I think the type is Kiwi? I have them in summer and winter weight, the winter ones are fleece lined, and I only ever buy them in the sale - they are quite expensive, but often have 50% off if you aren't fussy about the colour, and are very hard wearing and comfy.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 12:37:34 pm »
As a cheap alternative to craghoppers, look on ebay for army/navy surplus "lightweights" trousers - available in olive green and navy only, but as I said before with the NATO sizing you can find ones that are a perfect fit for you. For around fiver, get a few pairs, they dry quick. In the winter, wear a pair one size too big and put thermals underneath. Toasty :).
I agree with the comment about jeans, they get wet and they stay wet. Urgh.  Jeans are also too bulky inside wellies.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 10:05:21 pm »
Thank you very much everyone  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  I'll search ebay for Army surplus and second-hand Craghoppers!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS