Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from the Cambrian mountains  (Read 3876 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Hi from the Cambrian mountains
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:26 pm »
Let me introduce myself. I live in the foothills of the Cambrian mountains and have quite an assortment of animals an Alpaca, 2 Angora goats, Ryeland sheep, geese,ducks and chickens.
Karen
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Hi from the Cambrian mountains
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:59:21 pm »
Hi, Karen and welcome

How many Ryelands do you have? White or coloured?

Rosemary

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:41:55 pm »
Hi Karen and welcome from from Normandy! How exotic your animals sound. What sort of chooks do you have? We are getting into the fancies at the moment - too much choice though, they are all so beautiful!

Kate  :chook: :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

annllien

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:16:06 pm »
Hi Karen,

Whereabouts are you in the Cambrian Mountains. We are near Newbridge-on-Wye

Annllien

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:41:40 pm »
Hi
About I live about 10 miles from Aberystwyth ground is solid rock under a few inches- a couple of feet of soil. I have a fair old assortment of chickens one light sussex, one buff orpington (on the old side) with a buff cockeral, some warrens, black rocks and assorted hybrids along with a few bluebells.also a trio of geese and four of this years young as well as four ducks all getting a bit long in the tooth, three runners and one magpie.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:11:24 pm »
Hiya Kaz

We are 7 miles from aber  ;D in the oposite direction to you i think, youv'e probably seen our advertising around at the mo!! :o theres defanatly been enough of it  :)

weve got 2 collies, 1 kelpie x 3 springers, 1boxer, 1 chihuahua, and 1 staffie  ;D sheep couple of piggies, and dexters  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:58:55 pm by danndans »
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

jacyjones

• Joined Jun 2008
  • Aberystwyth, Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:30 pm »
We live in Trawsgoed, 9 miles from Aber. I have a welsh cob, 5 Black Rocks, 1 Warren and a white khaki Campbell. I also have 2 Springers, 1 12 years old and the other 12 months! A rat completes the animals!  ::)
Husband, 2 teenage daughters, 1 horse, 2 Springers, 2 White khaki campbells, 5 black rocks, 1 warren and 2 pet rats :)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:54:12 am »
Hi
You live quite close to me, think of pont Llanafan and I live just above.
Kaz
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:36:18 pm by kaz »

jacyjones

• Joined Jun 2008
  • Aberystwyth, Mid Wales
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »
Small world!! We live in Cnwch Coch. Probably passed you on the road many times!!
Husband, 2 teenage daughters, 1 horse, 2 Springers, 2 White khaki campbells, 5 black rocks, 1 warren and 2 pet rats :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS