Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Food chain info  (Read 2923 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Food chain info
« on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:37 am »
I am sure that I have read somewhere that sheep going to the abattoir need to be accompanied by food chain info now. So please can someone tell me if I am right and if so where can I download the forms, I am in scotland.
They are booked in for tomorrow morning.
Anne

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Freddiesfarm

• Joined Jan 2010
Re: Food chain info
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »
It is also on the new movement license forms which you should be using now.  If they are for your own consumption I think you shouldn't need it, but certainly if they are going to a slaughter market or for someone elses consumption it will need to be completed.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07:25 pm »
What new movement forms (in Scotland)? I have not been sent any info from the SAMU people, has anyone else? I have recently (1 week ago) still used the current (old) one, and no phone call or similar from SAMU?

Freddiesfarm

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:15:37 am »
Apologies - my new forms are England - I have also still been using the old forms with no questions asked, but I know you are different up there.

For some reason they aren't changing your movement licenses at the same time!

Hopefully I will have emailed you the form for scotland but here is the link if not...

http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/fciinfoannexesscot.pdf
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:24:20 am by Freddiesfarm »

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:37:21 pm »

Thanks Freddiesfarm got your message had downloaded forms from the link from supplies for smallholders so a big thank you to them too, got the four there safely.
Anne

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:41 pm »
Thanks re forms. I was worried that sending in old forms might (just) entail a quick visit from TS.... although when the guy came last year, completely unannounced, he was very helpful and gave lots of advice (over a cup of tea!).

I already had to submit FCI forms for my pigs for the last two years...., and had ben told by the local auction mart that we will now need them for lambs too...

Thanks for the link, Anke.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS