Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from Stirlingshire  (Read 6137 times)

sandy

Re: hello from Stirlingshire
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 05:30:55 pm »
Hi from Clackmannan  :wave: mind you, we are English, I have Scots ancestors, so the bit os Scotch in my blood is not always from the Co-op!! ::)

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:54 pm »
Hi Sandy! :wave:

My sister is in St Serfs grove.

What set up do you have? Do you have animals or chickens?
Val

sandy

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 07:06:35 pm »
15 Chickens, 7 of them being ex batt's and 2 Ducks, I also have 4 Labradors, great excuse to get out into the woods and walks!! THe eggs go off to Glasgow everyday!!

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »
some of mine will be going to Glasgow too - when I take them in to the office! ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 08:22:18 pm »
I ken fine fit ye mean.  Foo ye deein, quine?  Fit like, an foos yer doos?  A'm aricht the noo, in av jist hid yer seester ower checkin her mans werk!  Fit a fine craik wi hid an a.  A ken a aboot yde noo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:31 pm »
Nae baad, Anne. Peckin' awa'.  Aye ma seester telt mi she met ye. She's a wricht nosy quine. Kin yap fur Scoatlan an aw. Fit wis she daein? ?
 ;)

(Am struggling to remember my doric. Spent 8 years up there. For the first 3 didn't understand a word. .... eg "Far div ye bide an' d'ye wahnt a funcy piece"? )   ??? ??? ??? Took a while to get used to it   ;D ;D 

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »
hello and welcome from the very middle of England-shire!
Little Blue

sandy

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »
 ::) ??? Must have been hitting the bottle as they all talk like that across in the pubs here!!

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:02 pm »
 :D 
Sandy thats how they speak (or rather my version of it!) up in the North East.  Anne hails from up that way.
Alloa is positively EASY compared to that I think  ;D
I am originally from the Trossachs  ;)  WE talk posh!   :D

(Unfortunately have no booze in the house just now and anyway, it's a school night!)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:06:50 pm by valr »

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 06:58:14 am »
Brittany! How glamorous sounding! Whats the weather like over there just now?
Weather has been wonderful for past 3/4 weeks.  We actually need some rain now.  Its not glamorous, it is heaven though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 03:57:28 pm »
:D 
Sandy thats how they speak (or rather my version of it!) up in the North East.  Anne hails from up that way.
Alloa is positively EASY compared to that I think  ;D
I am originally from the Trossachs  ;)  WE talk posh!   :D

(Unfortunately have no booze in the house just now and anyway, it's a school night!)
My Mum brought my sister and I up to speak properly, but my Grandma was from Torry, so we had to understand her, and my Dad was Glaswegian so we had to be able to be understood by his side of the family when we came down here on holiday.  So I can now break into almost any accent after about five minute of chatting with someone.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 04:55:34 pm »
 ;D The Trossachs is sooooooooooooo stunning yet sounds so "carry on" ;D  I would love living there, me and Steve up the  Trossachs??

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 07:51:25 pm »
Slipping into different accents is a talent Anne and I'll bet you are good at languages!

Yes The Trossachs sounds a bit rude doesn't it ... I remember seeing it in a book of weird words once with "makie-uppie" definitions. Trossachs were, it said, the useless epaulette things found on the shoulders of trenchcoats! :D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »
I love playing with makkie uppie words and makkie on things.  But, no, basic School French is all I can muster I'm afraid.  Even having French dogs and going over there regularly hasn't improved it much. :-[

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS