Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electric vs manual  (Read 3133 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Electric vs manual
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »
I was thinking of buying an electronic toothbrush instead of using a manual. The question is which one to buy? And would it be necessarily better than using a manual? I am convinced, by my dentists, that an electronic is better. Just thought I would throw this discussion out there for opinions and comments from all you guys. Really what do you all think?
Thanks
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Electric vs manual
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »
I have an electric toothbrush and would not go back to a manual willingly. My dentist said she could tell when I first got it.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:35:21 pm »
electric every time. BUT there are two technologies and several qualities of each sort from simple oscillation to ultrasonic.
My last 'ordinary' electric died after several years use and i just treated myself to a top of the range ultrasonic after reading reviews. It really is brilliant but my wife can only use it on it's 'sensitive' setting and with care so it doesn't clean her bridgework away!
If you have sound teeth then I'd recommend it oterwise stick with the other sort.
Cheap electric toothbrushes are also handy for pollinating tomatoes if you're too embarrassed to be seen in the greenhouse with a sex toy....

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 12:56:10 am »
Use both plus dental floss.  An ordinary manual brush is great for refreshing the whole mouth in the morning, when your teeth don't have food residues, just morning breath.  Floss plus a battery powered brush are great for a thorough clean of plaque and food residues after lunch and before bedtime.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 08:44:47 am »
Can I ask? I am quite wary of flossing, dont judge me, my teeth I am told are perfect and I was told by someone that if you floss In between your teeth they develop gaps, is this true?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:43 am »
Floss can only work if you have gaps to start with.  I have found that I am developing gaps as I age.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 01:46:39 pm »
should I floss then, as my teeth don't really have gaps?

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »
If your teeth are too close to gether to get floss between them then use dental spirals to clean the low interdental space and massage the gums.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 03:04:30 pm »
I think dentists overlook the genetic angle when it comes to dental caries.  According to my small animal vet Labradors very rarely suffer from plaque, whereas Yorkshire Terriers always do.  Similarly my large animal vet says most Beulah sheep he sees are broken-mouthed by six years of age yet we've only had two Southdowns similarly affected in the all the hundreds we've kept.  I don't see why humans shouldn't be similarly affected. 

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:20:17 am »
I'd say electric every time. My OH has very crooked bottom front teeth and, consequently has problems with plaque no matter how well he brushes. An oscillating head brush gets rid of most of it. Flossing with brushes works well if you can't manage to get floss between your teeth or, like me, have hands that don't work that well.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 09:06:59 am »
My dentist advised an electric toothbrush with a pressure sensor ( it flashes red when I push too hard) as I was getting wear on my teeth along the gum line. I really like it, and probably won't go back to an ordinary brush.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 10:09:47 am »
Use corsodyl. Kills everything.  I remember going into the hygienist one day and she really relishes her job, she was most disappointed when my mouth slide was clear. You ve used corsodyl this morning haven't you???

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 12:14:59 pm »
Teeth Eh ? just showing off you lot  :D . By now Santa could have delivered a full set  :(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS