Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: menopause  (Read 13340 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: menopause
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:37 am »
Yes, you're right Buffy, haven't seen ads for that (obviously not lucrative enough).  I have every one of the symptoms you mentioned and have had for 6 years and it's been majorly rubbish almost every single day.

Good I read this, it is giving me the motivation to do something about it.  Thanks all.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Goosie,

check out the menopause matters forum before you shell out any cash and deffo before you go to the GP. If you dont want to go for the HRT then there is a section on alternative therapies and these ladies are all lovely and supportive and tell it like it is. There are guidance notes for Hubby's and if you decide to try HRT ( I did and I have seen a huge improvement ) you can gen up on what to say to the DR and what to ask for.

There ate lots and lots of HRT treatments available as tablets, gel, patches, pessaries etc and synthetic and non synthetic hormones so you may need to play around with a few before you get whats right.

Good luck hun. x 

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »
Got that thanks Buffy x
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2016, 08:25:37 pm »
I'm at the stage where I either shell out heaps on various alternatives or try HRT methods. I need to do something as I need to be able to get a decent nights sleep when I open my new shop in 3 weeks time  :o
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS