Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: chavez.  (Read 3517 times)

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
Re: chavez.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 09:49:24 am »
He did at one time supply discounted heating oil to poor people in America because the US government was doing nothing to help their own poor......Made me smile - basically sticking your fingers up at your enemy by being nice.

He also supplied cheap oil to Cuba in exchange for doctors so that everyone could access healthcare and had a huge campaign to improve literacy.

The previous ruling classes, wealthy people and foreign oil companies didn't do so well out of his policies though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 09:21:02 am »
I used to have huge arguments with a friend of mine on this.  She had lived their with her Oil Manager husband for 4 years in Venezuela - in a compound, with all mod cons, imported food, beautiful houses, and terrific gardens with their own pools, carried guns when out of the compound (not surprised they had to protect what they had!   ::) ) went diving every day in the sea, did a great deal of sightseeing, and buying beautiful homecoming gifts for next to nothing from the poor - said he was a thief and a rogue.  I pointed out all those things you mention, OW and she just said he did it to 'annoy the Yanks' (her words, not mine!  :eyelashes:), and I said "Yes,  - so?  - well done Chavez!"
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »
So poorly they are burying him

Seems they're not - he's being embalmed and put on display.

Is this something we should do with our deceased politicians, do you think?

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 12:40:01 pm »
Rosemary I'd prefer if they where made into a piņata, bagsy I go first with the big stick  :eyelashes:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:00 pm »
I so remember my best friend who's family were Russian, having a photo of their grandma in her coffin...I found that a bit haunting, I  was there when my parents died and that still is in my mind so a photo or some one embalmed is not the thing I want to see, but strangely, it IS fascinating!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS