Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sorry looking lamb  (Read 2228 times)

raygezer

• Joined Jan 2011
  • brittany
Sorry looking lamb
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:28:26 pm »
I am so glad this site exists another question i have a 3day lamb this morning i found him lame on a front leg. had a look felt if it was hot couldnt find anything out of place apart from being lame ,tonite i checked again on his own in a corner mum not taking a lot of notice of him so ive put his mum and him in a small pen with infra red lamp as he looked cold. OH and one of my spaniels wud love to have him in the house but dont want to start.that any other ideas please  :fc: thanx

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Re: Sorry looking lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:33:41 pm »
Joint ill?
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:00 pm »
My money is in joint ill too. I would give antibiotics ASAP to cover this or you could lose it.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:56:06 pm »
 Joint ill , speak to vet as you normally treat with a penicillin  product

raygezer

• Joined Jan 2011
  • brittany
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »
Well a result hopefully a good un poor lad has got pneumonia just got back from the local vet 15 min drive spose this is what happens when you live in france in 4days time i have to give him an injection been shown how crash course tonite. :fc: hope i dont do a trudy ( go rite through the skin and out the other side ) thanx for all replies.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 06:31:46 pm »
Bit confused how a lame leg turns into pneumonia, but im not a vet :thinking:

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:10 pm »
I feel for you raygezer, BUT if he gave him antibiotics (chances are he did), then at least he got the right meds. He should have written down on his 'visit' form exactly what he gave him, and what he has told you to do re follow up meds. This will also tie in with your facture when you receive it.
What are the meds you have to administer? I've given under the skin injections so if you are close am happy to pop by.
Is the lamb feeding ok? If the vet didn't say anything you need to know, ring (or go there again) and ask any questions you may have, and don't be put off by his fast-back replies. All Fr vets have to have a certain amount of English to pass their exams - even if they don't like to use it. Between you, with a melange you will get the info you need to know.
Best wishes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS